It's time for your close-up! At Pali, talents emerge and personalities flourish!
Enter the Actor's studio for in-depth work in technique, stagecraft and presence. Acting camp is perfect for beginners or experienced actors. Practice for stage and film, deliver monologues and ensemble performances.
Campers have plenty of group work and individual coaching to bring out their very best. Whether they are the veterans of the film industry or stars of their own living rooms, there's always something to explore and learn.
Our instructors empower Acting campers to bring their best work to the table. It's a safe and supportive environment for growth. Campers always come out of their shells and make great new friendships with fellow theater-lovers.
Acting camp is hands-on and action-packed. Each day of camp is a balance between in-class exercises, acting in films and just plain fun. Campers work with master actors/counselors to learn to think, act and move authentically in imaginary circumstances.
Instructors introduce or build upon acting techniques and theory to help campers prepare for acting on set and on stage.
Acting campers collaborate with filmmaking students to make short films. They put their acting techniques to work! Campers audition, take on new characters, cooperate with directors and perform in a nurturing, fun and wildly creative atmosphere.
Each week ends in a spectacular display of talent. Campers showcase their own original skits camp-wide. Enthusiastic applause guaranteed!
- Develop fundamental acting skills
- Hone techniques specific to both live and movie acting
- Think creatively, interpret stories and bring life to characters
- Practice monologues and original skits
- Enjoy fun acting and improv games
- Learn audition and performance techniques
- Act in a film
- Take home a headshot for future auditions
Tonight on KPAL News… and your camper has the exclusive. Your camper is first on the scene at Pali's very own nightly news station.
Broadcasting campers break into on-screen journalism with Pali's own nightly news feature. Campers collaborate to produce, report and host each day's broadcast. Campers get practical hands-on experience as hard-hitting journalists, creative editors and on-air talent. Our professional studio means that campers file their own stories with professional video and sound equipment, anchor the broadcast from our green-screen studio desk and edit the results. This is the perfect opportunity to take a spin as on-air talent or as a behind-the-scenes mover and shaker. Each day's broadcast is premieres for the whole camp at dinner. The perfect place for a sound bite or two!
Cirque Du Pali Ladies and Gentlemen!
- Research and write news stories
- Conduct on-camera interviews
- Produce on-location segments
- Learn mic and cue card techniques
- Anchor in front of a green screen
- Operate cameras, sound and lighting
- Master journalistic ethics
- Enhance public speaking skills
Campers of all ages!
Come one! Come all! To Cirque du Pali!
The human body is an amazing instrument. Instead of lions, tigers and bears, Cirque du Pali campers put their bodies through the paces. Imagine a place where gravity is optional. Performers mold music, colors and shapes into an artistic spectacle.
Campers marvel at the skills of our experienced performers. Then they learn the tricks of the trade. Under careful supervision of our trained instructors, they use professional equipment. Campers learn basic acrobatics, circus and safety techniques on a variety of equipment. Juggling, diabolo and spinning poi, for example. Then balancing on a slack line or hanging from silks. They perfect their balance and coordination on the ground and in the air. Practice builds strength and confidence. Hair-raising feats of flying and fast-paced juggling action will make your camper want to come back for more!
Comedy Is your camper a Seinfeld or a Chapelle?
- Learn coordination skills while practicing diablo, juggling and poi (twirling)
- Develop strength and balance with acro-yoga and slacklining
- Expand aerial art skills in disciplines such as lyra, silks and hammock
- Take to the skies in the Pali Aerial Arts Pavilion
A Leslie Jones or a Melissa McCarthy?
Do they prefer Saturday Night Live or Whose Line Is It Anyway?
At Pali, experienced instructors help your camper discover their voice. Then they develop their self-confidence and deliver their comedic vision.
Each week is a unique exploration of improvisation, sketch and ensemble work and stand-up. Instructors help campers find their comedic point of view and prepare the right delivery. Campers use creative writing skills, critical thinking (it helps to think in tangents!) and comedic timing to "have 'em rollin' in the aisles!" With a week of practicing the essential elements of physical and verbal comedy, campers wow the audience at the Pali showcase with a primetime-worthy performance.
Dance So we think you can dance!
- Learn the ins and outs of stand-up, improv, sketch and physical comedy
- Discover a personal point of view and comic persona
- Learn how to write a "tight 5"
- Take a sketch from initial concept to performance-ready script
- Master how to work the crowd to keep them engaged and laughing
Pali dancers of all levels are encouraged to let go and boogie on the dance floor. They learn various techniques, fun exercises and the moves made famous by their favorite performers.
Campers flourish in a safe and supportive studio with individualized attention from experienced dance instructors.Plenty of room to come out of their shell at their own pace!
After mastering the basics, campers perform their own original choreography to cheering crowds at the Pali Showcase!
DJ It doesn't get much cooler than this!
- Great for all levels of experience
- Master the basics
- Discover a variety of styles or focus on favorites
- Develop confidence
- Enjoy fun dance exercises
- Learn famous moves
- Perform at the Pali Showcases
Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Skrillex, Alison Wonderland. They all started somewhere.
In our DJ specialty, campers sample what it's like to create a magical atmosphere that gets everyone up and having a great time. Campers conquer beat-matching, song dropping and mixing on high-tech virtual turntables. Then, they tackle the ultimate DJ experience when they throw down their own DJ set for their fellow campers at the Pali Dance!
Magic Entertain and amaze!
- Learn the hottest DJ tips and practical techniques from pro DJs
- Use state-of-the-art equipment and software
- Develop a DJ persona
- DJ events around camp
- Return home with a recording
A professional magician helps your camper build a foundation of skills for all types of magic. We can't reveal all our magician's secrets, but we can tell you that your camper will develop their own magician's persona and performance skills as they learn how to present new illusions, boost their confidence and wow friends and family.
- Amaze with stunning close-up magic
- Develop astounding sleight of hand
- Keep people guessing with incredible card tricks
- Learn basic illusions
- Return home with a bag of tricks
With exclusive access to our state-of-the-art recording studios, campers learn to play their favorite songs, write their own original music and unleash their inner rock star!
Our industry professionals – offer instruction in guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard. Campers are welcome to bring their own instrument or use one of ours. An essential aspect of the Rock Star experience is learning to make music with other people. Campers collaborate with each other and with their instructors to form small bands and performance groups.
Your camper experiences what it's like to be a real rock star at the Rock Star Showcase, where all of Pali will cheer them on!
- Learn songwriting techniques
- Discover and improve singing skills
- Create an onstage persona
- Record in a state-of-the-art studio
- Learn guitar, bass, drums and/or keys
- Collaborate with other musicians and singers
- Perform for the entire camp